Handbook of Long Term Care of The Childhood Cancer Survivor PDF
|Author||Grace A. Mucci|
|File size||7.56 MB|
|Category||Free Medical Books,Oncology|
Download the Book
This authoritative reference examines in depth the myriad challenges facing pediatric cancer survivors and proposes a robust framework for structured follow-up of these patients through adulthood. Approaches to long-term follow-up include both established models of care and targeted models of lifelong surveillance of late effects by bodily systems and neurological outcomes. Sections devoted to quality of life and re-entry after treatment focus on key concerns such as health risk behaviors, school and career issues, psychological challenges, and care disparities. And a robust resources section adds extra usefulness to the expert coverage.
Among the Handbook’s topics:
• Developmental considerations in the transition from child and adolescent to adult survivorship.
• Long-term follow-up roadmaps by disease and treatment.
• Neuropsychological effects of pediatric brain tumors and associated treatment.
• Building resiliency in childhood cancer survivors: a clinician’s perspective.
• School issues and educational strategies for survivors of childhood cancer.
• Educating and preparing the childhood cancer survivor for long-term care: a curriculum model for cancer centers.
A work of rare scope, scholarship, and clinical acumen, the Handbook of Long-Term Care of the Childhood Cancer Survivor is a rewarding, practice-building resource essential to a wide range of healing professionals, including primary care physicians, pediatricians, oncologists, nurses, psychologists, neuropsychologists, child psychologists, and licensed therapists.
Meta Keywords: Handbook of Long Term Care of The Childhood Cancer Survivor PDF, Handbook of Long Term Care of The Childhood Cancer Survivor PDF Free Download, Handbook of Long Term Care of The Childhood Cancer Survivor PDF Ebook, free medical books, medical, medical books free download, medical books, free medical, medical dental books, nursing books, free ebook download, medical textbook, books for medical students